Sunday 1 April 2012

Living it up Rurally



Right now I am in my little cabin in the woods in rural Ontario. Population density about 2 people per square kilometre. My front-yard is a lake and this morning I was woken by a woodpecker. Life here is slow-paced and quiet. Rarely do I see another human-being in the winter months unless I leave the property. Here, walking is something done for recreation, not transportation since everything is so spaced out. I have to drive 15-20 minutes to get to the nearest grocery store, 45 minutes if I want something exotic like mangoes or mushrooms not shrouded in Styrofoam and plastic wrap. Soon this will all change though as I'm about to experience the antithesis of my current life by taking a trip to Hong Kong. This loud, busy, densely populated, and marvelous city, located on the South China Sea will be my home for the next five weeks. Daily adventures, mishaps and confusion are just about guaranteed. So stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. Excellent use of the word "antithesis"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to be part of your adventure if only for 18 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to be part of your adventure if only for 18 hours.

    ReplyDelete