Thursday 5 April 2012

The Trip to Hong Kong


Parliament Buildings and the Ottawa Locks
The second leg of the trip went well, it was a rather empty plane to Toronto, I had the whole row to myself. It was clear enough that I got to see the Parliament buildings and the Ottawa locks from the air.

First view of HK from the plane
The third leg of the trip, the flight from Toronto to Hong Kong was
l   o   n   g. Luckily the seat beside me was empty and there was almost no turbulence. The other person sitting in my row was a really nice retired teacher from the Philippines who had been visiting her son in Toronto. Cathay Pacific has decent food, I was impressed when the dessert for lunch was a full sized Haagen Daaz icecream bar. We also got Tim Tams for snacks which are delicious chocolate wafer cookies. Overall a pretty good flight.

I'm now all settled in on my parent's boat, the Inkwazi. It is nice to be back in Hong Kong, my Asian home.

No comments:

Post a Comment