Sunday 6 May 2012

Avenue of the Stars


My hands are almost the size of Jackie Chan's. Seriously, take a look for yourself.



How did I get to compare my hand size to Jackie Chan you may ask? Well Tim and I ventured to the Avenue of the Stars along the Kowloon waterfront. The Avenue is similar to the Hollywood Walk of Fame in that it pays tribute to people in the film industry. Given that I don't watch Cantonese films I was not surprised that I didn't know most of the people with stars, however I did recognize Bruce Lee, Jet Li and of course good old Jackie Chan.

The most famous thing about the Avenue of the Stars is a life sized bronze statue of Bruce Lee. The amount of Chinese tourists surrounding the statue was incredible, more interesting than the statue itself. I never realized he was such an icon.
I can't say that the Avenue of the Stars in and of itself was a super thrilling thing to do but it was a gorgeous walk along the Kowloon waterfront, especially after all of the rain in the days previous. Meandering down the promenade and watching the boats in the harbour was a really nice way to pass the time. And now my hand has been where Jackie Chan's hand was. Beat that!

No comments:

Post a Comment