Sunday 6 May 2012

High Tea at the Peninsula Hotel


In a nod to my British ancestors, I had high tea the Peninsula Hotel in Kowloon with my friends Meg and Bec. I had heard mixed reviews about this activity but I thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience. High tea is served in the lobby of this very historic hotel that just exudes classiness. The atmosphere was enhanced by a quartet performing Disney and Beatles songs on a balcony in the corner of the lobby. All three of us unconsciously sat straighter in our chairs and did our best to be ladylike in order to fit in with our surroundings. 

High Tea Delicacies
The whole tea was served with real silver cutlery and real china dishes. We got the classic afternoon tea for two which had delicacies such as scones, clotted cream, mini quiche, crust-less cucumber sandwiches, and scrumptious mini desserts. Even though the three of us were sharing a tea meant for two we were barely able to finish off all of the food because it was so rich and filling.

If I ever become a Tai Tai wife I can certainly see myself indulging in this British tradition more often, I felt so elegant and refined having high tea at the Peninsula with some of my closest friends. Definitely a meal to remember. 
Lobby roof in the Peninsula Hotel

No comments:

Post a Comment